HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE ENROLLMENT PERIOD
Need Health Insurance for 2022?
The Annual Open Enrollment Period for the Health Insurance Marketplace is:
November 1, 2021 – January 15, 2022
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE
Do not delay. Get the health insurance you deserve, today!
Call 2-1-1 for a list of local enrollment groups or for more information on application assistance near you.
To find out how much financial assistance you are eligible for, please have the following documents/information for each household member, available during your appointment:
- Government Issued Photo ID – Driver’s License, State ID
- Immigration Document – Legal Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Social Security Card
- Employer and Income Information – W2 Forms, Paycheck Stubs, Wage and Tax Statement, etc.
- Policy Numbers for Current Health Insurance – Including Medicaid, CHIP and Medicare benefits
- Valid email address
- Username and Password for healthcare.gov account (if applicable)
Who is considered a “Household?”
For most families a household includes yourself plus the number of people that you claim as dependents on your income tax return. This may include children, parents, or other relatives who qualify as dependents on your tax return. Children of divorced parents are counted in the household of the parent who claims them as a dependent (even if the other parent has to pay for the child’s health insurance).
Do not include children who you do not claim as a dependent, even if they still live at home.
The Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act provides subsidies to help pay for health insurance.
There are many health plan options for you and your family. We can help you find the right plan that meets your individual needs.
During the Open Enrollment Period everyone can apply for or renew their health insurance coverage.
The Annual Open Enrollment Period for the Health Insurance Marketplace is
November 1, 2021 – January 15, 2022
Everyone DESERVES health insurance.
Everyone deserves the peace of mind and access to quality care that comes with having health insurance.
When more people have health coverage, then the entire system works better, our health care dollars go further, and our community is healthier.
The benefits of having health insurance are real and valuable.
Call 2-1-1 to schedule an appointment and get started today.
Click here to download a printable PDF of the Understanding Health Insurance booklet.
You NEED health insurance
Health insurance is important because it protects people from the high costs of medical care.
When you buy health insurance, you are buying it alongside many other people. You then are all members of the health insurance plan. Each member pays into the plan. If you or any member needs expensive medical care, you won’t have to pay the true cost of care. The money will come from the plan that you have been paying into.
Health insurance covers the costs of medical services, medicines, hospital care, and special equipment when you are sick. Health insurance is also very important when you are not sick. Most health insurance pays for immunizations and yearly check-ups for children and adults. It may also pay for health screenings, counseling, and more.
The Health Insurance Marketplace helps uninsured people enroll in health coverage. At the Marketplace, you can find out if you qualify for:
- Private health insurance with savings based on your income. Plans cover essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions, and preventive care. Most people who apply through the Marketplace qualify for premium tax credits and savings on out-of-pocket costs based on household size and income.
- Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provide free or low-cost coverage to millions of families with limited income.
Learn how to compare plans and choose one that’s right for you. Knowing these things will help you decide what kind of plan you should buy:
- Any medical conditions that you have now
- Any medicines that you take now
- The number of medical visits that you expect to have for the year
- Any medical procedures like surgery or therapy that you may need
- Names of providers who are signed up to work with the health insurance company
(all providers who have contracts with one insurance company are called a network)
Would you like to receive reminders about the next open enrollment period for the Health Insurance Marketplace?